Get Involved!We need you
We need you!
We are looking for volunteers to serve on our committees. The committees are focus groups that will help pull the event together. With over 1000 children expected to attend we need volunteers to help ensure the Back 2 School Festival runs smoothly. We need help in many different areas leading up to the festival and on the day of the festival. Please consider your strengths and availability to help us place you in the best role possible.
Please see the list of committees and their descriptions below.
“This was truly one of the best things I have helped with in my career. I love Boone! Thank you for making this such an incredible community to live in!”Angela McMann
If you are unable to fully commit to a committee at this time but have interest in serving as a support to the functioning committees leading up to the festival, please fill out our form so we can add you to a contact list.
In charge of creating communication with the public through social media, paper, radio, flyers and posters.
Contact Todd Carter to join this committee: [email protected]
- Work with other committees to ensure their needs are being met and we have the most current communication.
- Price, Design, Print materials
- Engage the Community: Updating website, social media, media outlets
- Work keeping the GoogleDrive account clean and organized so files can be shared between committees easily
- Design banners and signs; ensure that all materials for the B2SF align with our preset design standards (font style, colors, icons etc.)
Will seek funding to help support the efforts of the Back 2 School Festival.
Contact Crystal Kelly to join this committee: [email protected]
GOALS: $15,000 minimum
- Find funding sources that will help bring relief to families and teachers in Watauga County. Does not have to be just at the festival, although that is our first goal.
- Contact businesses or individuals for sponsorship/fundraising efforts.
- Write grants if necessary.
In charge of collection and distribution of supplies and gear to be given to families at the festival or to schools afterward.
Contact Sandra Ruppert to join this committee: rupperts
- Devise a collection plan based on B2SF past experience and new creativity.
- Implement collection plan working with community groups, students, businesses, and the Communication Committee to ensure messages are clear and design is consistent.
- Devise a distribution plan for the day-of the festival
- Implement distribution plan working with the volunteer coordinator to ensure set up and distribution run smoothly.
Day of Festival Logistics:
In charge of strategic planning and implementation of day-of logistics.
Contact Tara White to join this committee: tara
- Make sure the day of the festival runs smoothly
- Volunteers are Trained and Scheduled
- Create and Implement smooth check in process
- Booth/Activity reservations and set up
- Flow and arrangement of the tables
- Décor and essence oversight
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kathy Crutchfield: [email protected]
Last Year’s B2SF: Residents and former residents of the Hospitality House (homeless shelter) selflessly served ALL DAY long. They stayed and helped clean up after the festival as well. Kids from Bradford Trailer Park helped us set up all day on Thursday as well. Such a sweet time in the community. THANK YOU!