You can Help
We rely on dedicated volunteers in order to successfully serve the hundreds of children and families who attend the Back 2 School Festival.
We need over 250 volunteers in order to accomplish our mission of providing school supplies, backpacks, and shoes to Watauga County schoolchildren in need. This event offers many volunteer opportunities ranging from very simple tasks to more in depth event organizing efforts.
Individuals and Groups Welcome. Volunteers during the Festival must be 18 years old and not currently enrolled in Watauga County Schools.
- Serve on a Planning Committee: Serve on one of our committees in order to help with various aspects of organizing this large event. Committees include Sponsorship, Day-of, Communications, Supplies and Volunteer organizing. Opportunities available now through the end of August.
- Spread the Word! Participate in the 4th of July parade, help post invitations to invite families to come to the festival and more. Students are welcome to march in the 4th of July parades in Boone and Blowing Rock. Various opportunities from June through August.
- Festival Set Up: Help us count, unload and organize supplies, set up tables, and help with various tasks to help us prepare. Opportunities available July 30th - August 4th. Watauga County students are welcome to volunteer to help set up the festival on Friday, but are not permitted to volunteer on Saturday at the Festival.
- Day-of Help: Welcome families, help kids pick out school supplies, greet and assist families, serve lunch, help with haircuts, work in booths and activities, help with shoe distribution, serve as an interpreter and so much more! August 4th at Watauga High School. Full-Day positions from 8:30 - 3:00 / Half-Day positions 8:30-12:00 or 12:00-3:00. Lunch is provided before or after your shift.
- Break Down: Save your energy during the festival and relieve tired volunteers by helping us break down after the festival. Students, sports teams, church youth groups are needed to help take down the Festival. Please volunteer with the form below. August 4th at Watauga High School from 2:00pm until finished.
To volunteer, simply fill out the form below and you will be contacted.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 828-434-0399 for more information.
Thank you in advance for your help and contribution!